Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

accumulation in script

I am trying to get a new field that is an accumulation of another field.

i can do this on front end - using RangeSum(Above(LoginLogoff,0,RowNo()))   .  This works just fine.

i am trying to do this during the intial load using -  if ((Previous(iKeyPart1)=iKeyPart1),Peek('ActiveLogins'),0)+LoginLogoff as ActiveLogins

It is giving me strange results. it seems to be working until the accumulation reaches 3. Then i start seeing values that dont quite make sense.

QV - Accumulation.png

Need help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think a main issue here is that you've got multiple events (up to some 10)  per unique time stamp. In your example, you've got 2 Login events 8/6/2012 7:50:05 AM.

In your table, you only count and accumulate one event (try using sum(LoginLogoff) in your chart!), while the accumulated script field is ambiguous (two possible values for that Timestamp!) and thus a '-' is returned by QV (try for example using =min(ActiveLogins) in your chart expression!).

So if you handle the multiple events accordingly, you should be able to fix your accumulation issue, too.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am quite unclear how your fields in the load script relate to the columns / dimensions in your chart.

For example, I can't see your iKeyPart1 field in the chart table. And in your chart, the column named Login / Logoff seems to have text values, while you numerically add this (same?) field in your script.

Could you post a small sample file? Upload is available in advanced editor.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully this will make more sense.

QV - Accumulation.png

Thanks for your help!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can you also post the relevant part of script? And have you sorted your input table appropriately?

Not applicable
Author

Here is that part of the script -

Load1:
LOAD Month(EventDateTime) as LogMonth,
Day(EventDateTime) as LogDay,
EventDateTime,
    StreamId as stream,
    StreamName,
    DingoUserName as iKeyPart1,
    EventResult,
    EventResultText,
    EventTrigger,
    If (EventTrigger='ClientRequest',1,-1) as LoginLogoff;
SQL SELECT *
FROM raw_entitlement_journal
WHERE DATE_SUB(CURDATE(),INTERVAL 7 DAY) <= EventDateTime and EventResultText = 'Success';

Load2:
LOAD Month(EventDateTime) as LogMonth,
Day(EventDateTime) as LogDay,
EventDateTime,
stream,
    StreamName,
    iKeyPart1,
    EventResult,
    EventResultText,
    EventTrigger,
    LoginLogoff,
    if ((Previous(iKeyPart1)=iKeyPart1),Peek('ActiveLogins'),0)+LoginLogoff as ActiveLogins
    Resident Load1 Order by iKeyPart1, stream, EventDateTime;

Thanks,

Pulasti

swuehl
MVP
MVP

This will create a lot of common fields between Load1 and Load2 table, resulting in a large synthetic key / table, right?

Have you dropped your first table Load1?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

I had not dropped the table. But even after dropped the table, the numbers did not come out right.

I am attaching the qv file.

Thanks a lot for looking into it!

Regards,

Pulasti

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think a main issue here is that you've got multiple events (up to some 10)  per unique time stamp. In your example, you've got 2 Login events 8/6/2012 7:50:05 AM.

In your table, you only count and accumulate one event (try using sum(LoginLogoff) in your chart!), while the accumulated script field is ambiguous (two possible values for that Timestamp!) and thus a '-' is returned by QV (try for example using =min(ActiveLogins) in your chart expression!).

So if you handle the multiple events accordingly, you should be able to fix your accumulation issue, too.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Great!

Thanks a lot Stefan. I did not realize that there could be multiple login/logoff events on subsecond level.

My script is now working as expected!

Not applicable
Author

still struggling with similar issue.

Could you please help me with the attached small example? The code is on tab main2.

I am not getting LoginsOnThisHost counts ...most of them are NULL(?)

Appreciate your help!