Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

associative logic in qlikview

Hello everyone,

I am loading the data from two tables one is product tables and other is actual quantity tables.The id_nbr is the common key between the two tables .But when I select some product fields from product tables there must be corresponding actual data from actual quantity tables. But now the the data from actual tables is greyed out , when any selction from product tables is chosen. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason for data to be greyed out in the actual tables?

Please do reply at the earliest.

Thanks

Sriram

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
10 Replies
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can anyone guide what is the problem ?

Not applicable

when one field is common in both table the both table are automatically linked.

now if data are not matched on the basis of primary key then it show gray.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

check the table viewer CTRL+T..  is there any link between those to tables?

if there is link present then extract the data into excel and check where the common field data is matching for two tables or not?

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

the link is available between the two tables.Based on the common key two tables are  joined. .My question is even if the field names are same the field values are different for the common key . Will that cause the second table to greyed out?

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My question is even if the field names are same the field values are different for the common key . Will that cause the second table to greyed out?

sushil353
Master II
Master II

yes,

the association is done on the basis of same field name.

that means if the value in the both field are same then they will be associated with each other. otherwise it will give you a cartesian product..

let me explain with an example:

suppose you have two table A and B

in both table say test is field which is common to both. now try this in qlikview file

tableA:

load * inline

[

test

in

us

ru

];

tableB:

load * inline

[

test,country

in,india

jp,japan

au,australia

]

once you load these two table in qlikview it will associated with test field but association will be done with similar values.. in the above case when you select "in" then india will be visible all other are grey.. and if you select any other test value all the values will be greyed out.. and also you will get all the test value from both tables that means its a cartesian product

HTH

Sushil

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Does that mean the common field values must be same in both tables for associative logic to occur?

sushil353
Master II
Master II

yes obvious

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks very much .You have cleared my doubts.