Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narendiran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

back and forward buttons issue

Hi experts,

Is there any way to exclude certain variable from the Back and Forward button action?

Thanks

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

What do you want to exclude? Can you provide more details as to what you are trying to do?

narendiran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

I have set the Back action in button which has condition in the layout (Variable:ShowBackButton=1).

So main aspect is when ever i click on the button it goes back to ShowBackButton=0. instead of selections. So I want to exclude the ShowBackButton variable from the back and forward action.

Is that possible to do in front end?

Colin-Albert

The back and forward buttons step through the previous selections you have made in your current QlikView session. You can use set analysis to access the forward and back stack using Set Identifiers $N or $_N and use set modifiers to alter the values selected.

{$1} is the previous selection;  {$2} is two selections prior - the same as clicking back twice.

This is not an option I would use. I would consider using bookmarks instead.

Set Identifiers

Set identifiers define the relationship between the set expression and the field values or expression that is being evaluated.

Set identifiers can be combined using set operators.

IdentifierDescription
1Represents the full set of all the records in the application.
$

Represents the records of the current selection.

The set expression {$} is thus the equivalent of not stating a set expression.

Note!
{1-$} is all the more interesting as it defines the inverse of the current selection, that is, everything that the current selection excludes.

$N

Selections from the Back stack can be used as set identifiers, by use of the dollar symbol: $1 represents the previous selection, that is, it is equivalent to pressing the Back button.

Any unsigned integer can be used in the Back notation. $0 represents the current selection.

$_N

Selections from the Forward stack can be used as set identifiers, by use of the dollar symbol: $_1 represents one step forward,that is the equivalent to pressing the Forward button.

Any unsigned integer can be used in the Forward notation. $0 represents the current selection.

bookmark_id | bookmark_name

Server and app bookmarks can be used as set identifiers. Either the bookmark ID or the bookmark name can be used. For example BM01 or MyBookMark.

Only the selection part of a bookmark is used. The values are not included. It is thus not possible to use input fields in bookmarks for set analysis.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi,

to achieve this You need to create action in field to each field, like

Back

Action Select in Field

Field : YourField

String :  ='('&Concat({$1} DISTINCT YourField,'|')&')'

Regards,

Antonio

narendiran