Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeevays7
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

batch file got stuck while running qlikview documents

Hi all,

I have Five qlikview documents and I am running those application using batch file.

Some times, after the 4th application run successfully, the next application is not initiated to run.

the batch file got stuck(showing the 4th application in comment prompt) in the 4th application only. it does not initiate 5th application.

the log file of the 4th application also has no Errors.

What s the problem? how can i identify the problem?

18 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

It used to work fine and now the issue started or it never goes to 5th file?

can you post the code?

Learning never stops.
jeevays7
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

The issue i got some times only, not always. It goes 5th comment if i run again.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

can you post the code ?

Learning never stops.
jeevays7
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Sorry, i cant able to paste the code. it is a big application. Can you suggest what is the problem might be?

marcus_sommer

I think the variety of what could be going temporary wrong is quite big but I assume that it's caused by some kind of conflicting between this process and another processes.

For example that any other process tried to access any used file/folder which are read, used or stored at this moment - this could be other users or tasks or any security routine or any OS process like windows shadow copies and so on.

Batch-routins are usually not very robust against any kind of disturbances and fail therefore easily. You could try to find any hint within the various windows log-files, especially the event-log but if you don't find there a clue you would need to go further with a process-monitoring which isn't really trivial.

Even if you find the cause it doesn't meant that you could just fix and/or bypass it - it could be also possible that you need a different approach to execute your tasks maybe by implementing some more or less expensive error-routines and/or even a second tasks-line which checks the first and restarted them if they failed.

- Marcus

PrashantSangle

did you try to execute your 4 application manually???

You are not getting any error in error log because that application is not yet closed. It is still open in backend.

Modify your batch script as below.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /nosecurity /r Your qvw application path

IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 (

exit /b 1

)

and In application set errormode=0;

So that if there is any error in you application batch will close that application and run next application.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
PrashantSangle

Whenever you think batch file stuck then open task manager and check that which file open in back end??

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
jeevays7
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes, You are correct. There is no error is log file, then why it is still open in back end?

I don't have any error, then why i have to do the above script in batch file .?

jeevays7
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you marcus.