Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

binary load: drop table

Hey together,

I'm new here and also working with QlikView is new for me.

I created a qvw-file and now I'm using it with binary-load in a report. Now I want to exclude some rows of one table. So I decided to load that table with resident like:

table_new:

LOAD *

RESIDENT table_old

WHERE condition;

DROP table_old;

The Problme is that neither table_old nor table_new is now available. In the Table-Viewer all other tables are shown.

So I'm not sure if it's possible to drop tables or resident load from binary-loads or if I doing wrong. Someone an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In QV, when you load the data from one tale to another, try to make at least one field different, otherwise QlikView assumes it to be the same table.

So, if you do the following, it will work:

table_new:

Load 1 as tmpID,*

Resident table_old

WHERE Condition;

Drop table_old;

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In QV, when you load the data from one tale to another, try to make at least one field different, otherwise QlikView assumes it to be the same table.

So, if you do the following, it will work:

table_new:

Load 1 as tmpID,*

Resident table_old

WHERE Condition;

Drop table_old;

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Another option is to explicitly tell QlikView that they aren't the same table with noconcatenate:

table_new:
NOCONCATENATE LOAD *
RESIDENT table_old
WHERE condition;
DROP table_old;

And if your condition is simple enough, like Status = 'Active' or Status = 'On Hold', something like this should execute MUCH faster and with less memory than building a new table:

INNER JOIN LOAD * INLINE [
Status
Active
On Hold
];