Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shariqusmani
Contributor
Contributor

calculated dimension

Hello Friends,

Trying to figure this out but having trouble.

I have a chart that shows In Force policies by Broker for the current period and the year before. Like so

Broker Name          2016-06          2017-06

A                             500                 600

B                             200                 300

and so on...

I have this set up by assigning a variable vCurrentDate as the current date and the year before is calculated as AddYears(vCurrentDate,-1). This is a calculated dimension set up as

if(InforceDate = $(vCurrentDate) or InforceDate = AddYears(vCurrentDate,-1), InforceDate)) and then suppress null values.

The issue is that the data is coming from two different systems. System 1 is updated as of June 2017 but System 2 is as of May 2017 and will not update until 15th business day. So currently in the chart above, if say Broker C is from system 2, it will show 0 under 2017-06.

So no problem with System 1 but how do I modify the calculated dimension so that it shows 2016-05 and 2017-05 if a user selects a broker that happens to come from System 2?

Should I be using set analysis instead of calculated dimensions? I feel this may be simple but confused.

Any help is appreciated.

Shariq

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

I would suggest you to use set analysis to do this rather than using calculated dimension.... as per the specific requirement, it might be easy if you are able to share a sample...

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Uploading a Sample

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Because, in your system 2 you have updated May 2017 only. How you are expecting Jun 2017 value even you don't have data for that?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful