Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yelin_nyu
Creator
Creator

change axes

normally you have sales qty and order qty by dates, a time trend view. now i want to create a chart where you are going to have sales qty and order qty on x-axis. qty on y, but break out lines by time. please see the mockup in attachment.

what do i put in dimension and expression?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Here you have. I don't know why but the valuelist function doesn't appears in help. I think there is a description about it in the QlikView Desktop manual.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's not possible with a line chart afaik. The expression values will always be displayed on the y-axis.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
yelin_nyu
Creator
Creator
Author

if line chart is not possible, is there any other chart that can do that? bubble chart? bar chart?

Not applicable

You'd have to create a calculated dimension and a different expression:

Something like:

Dimension:

1. =ValueList('Sales Qty','Order Qty')

2. Month

Expression:

=pick(

Match(

ValueList('Sales Qty','Order Qty'), 'Sales Qty', 'Order Qty')

,sum( [Sales Qty] )

,sum( [Order Qty] )

)

yelin_nyu
Creator
Creator
Author

This look very helpful, is it possible for you to provide a test qvw? is ValueList() a function? I can't find it in help

Not applicable

Here you have. I don't know why but the valuelist function doesn't appears in help. I think there is a description about it in the QlikView Desktop manual.

yelin_nyu
Creator
Creator
Author

This is awesome. love it. Thank you!!!