Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
realpixel
Contributor III
Contributor III

compare value in two chart

Hello,

From SQL database I have a chart with ID, name, and firstname, and in an another chart from Excel file I have ID, name1 and firstname1.

I want to have in a new chart the value present (ID, name, firstname) in excel file but not on the sql database, someone I have an idea how to do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi,

By selecting dates you effectively exclude the persons you want in "LISTE ABSENTS", so you want to ignore all date selections:

{$<Année=,Mois=,CalendarWeek=,CalendarDay=,

Then matricule must not be in a list of matricule1s. In this set you want to take into account your date selections:

matricule = {'*'} -{$(=concat({$}distinct matricule1,','))}>}

Try it out. Hope it's what you are looking for.

=Count({$<Année=,Mois=,CalendarWeek=,CalendarDay=, matricule = {'*'} -{$(=concat({$}distinct matricule1,','))}>}NOMS1)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

if you join (in load) the 2 source, excel and sql, you get one table with all the fields

then with a resident load you can flag record in sql not in excel, in excel not in sql, etc......

Not applicable

Hi,

If you have SQL and excel in different tables linked by ID, you can create a chart with dimension:ID and expressions:

=if(isnull(name),name1)

=if(isnull(name),firstname1)

to list only the ID that are missing in the SQL table (=name is null).

realpixel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

Thank you for reply but I have always a problem.

You can find attached a part of my QV file, I replaced Excel file by inline table named (ExtractExcelFiles).

When I done a selection by service (ATELIERS) and by years, month, and day I need to have the difference between tables "Table" (matricule, nom, prenom) and table "ExtractExcelFiles" (matricule, NOMS1, PRENOMS1)

For example for date 24/03/2015:

-  On chart "LISTE PRESENTS" I have 53 present employees, the total of employees present in  "ExtractExcelFiles" table is 91

- Now on Chart "LISTE ABSENTS" in need to have the difference of total employees and "LISTES PRESENTS" : 91 - 53 = 38 whith matricule, NOMS1 and PRENOMS.

I dont know how to do, mayde someone can help me.

Not applicable

Hi,

By selecting dates you effectively exclude the persons you want in "LISTE ABSENTS", so you want to ignore all date selections:

{$<Année=,Mois=,CalendarWeek=,CalendarDay=,

Then matricule must not be in a list of matricule1s. In this set you want to take into account your date selections:

matricule = {'*'} -{$(=concat({$}distinct matricule1,','))}>}

Try it out. Hope it's what you are looking for.

=Count({$<Année=,Mois=,CalendarWeek=,CalendarDay=, matricule = {'*'} -{$(=concat({$}distinct matricule1,','))}>}NOMS1)

realpixel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Great Thank you t h for your assistance.