Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Binning Data

Hi,

I have done Pareto analysis and sorted dimension in descending order according to sales with salesman name as a dimension, but as we have several sales men, would like to bin them in group of 20 with total sales in decreasing order. Please help me to do same.

Best regards,

Navdeep

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You will have to use the Rank() function to give them a numerical valid ranking number and then bin them according to that. The top 20, then the 21..40th ... and so forth by combining Class() and Rank() and possibly Aggr() too...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

PFA the app "sorry for wrong heading", dimension contains names so not Quantitative

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You should look at the Class() function that could either be used in your Load Script or in your Chart to bin your quantitative data into bins of size 20.

You can use Class() directly in a calculated dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Petter,

Sorry for wrong heading,my data contains Names.

I tried class function but it's not working, I guess it takes Numerical input for binning.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You will have to use the Rank() function to give them a numerical valid ranking number and then bin them according to that. The top 20, then the 21..40th ... and so forth by combining Class() and Rank() and possibly Aggr() too...

Not applicable
Author

=class(aggr(Rank(sum(Quantity)),ISPName),20) used this in dimension.