Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator

conditional layout

hi,

I have a search box with 2 fields named as BI_App_Name and Technology. so when I search any application in BI_Appl_Name I displayed all the list boxes corresponding to that.

for all the  list boxes I have given the layout condition as below :

=if(GetFieldSelections(BI_App_Name)>0,1,0)

when i search for technology in search box I willg et different list boxes which are not in BI_appl_Name so for that I have given layout condition as

=if(GetFieldSelections(Technology)>0,1,0)

Here my question and doubt is

when I search any application in BI_Appl_Name, i will get one list box names as Technologies where I listed all techonology names. and when i select any technology name in that list box it has to go to Technology tab. for that I have given nested if condition as

=if(GetFieldSelections(Application_Name)>0,1,if(GetFieldSelections(Technology),2))

but this expression is not working

please help

16 Replies
srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator
Author

i dont want to see the current selection in list box,

when i click on C# in technologies list box, it has to navoigate to Application name list box  and then hide the tehncologies list box. but its not happening

avinashelite

Did you tried what I mentioned in my last post ?

I have attached the sample file, search for the C# in search box and then check whether it s working according to your requirement ...

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

have a look at attached sample

hope this helps

srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator
Author

sorry guys its not working in any way, we have tio use triggers i guess

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

So this is not your requirement?

Aufnahme_2016_10_21_12_41_03_329.gif

srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator
Author

i have added more fields to explain clearly..

here in the qvw file if we select application name in search box , technology list box is appearing, then on selecting tableau in that it is displaying application name list box but technology is not hiding.

Please check

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

like this?

Aufnahme_2016_10_21_12_53_51_115.gif !