Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

count

I have created adhoc report , where user can select up to 4 dimensions & expressions from dimension , expression list boxes at a time.

once user will select dimension & expression from list boxes , table chart will show the data for those selections.

I want to capture how many rows is available in table so that user will come to know , how many rows is there in table.

please let me know how i can get the row count of table in text object according to selection of dimension & expression by user.

3 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Use Statistic Box object:

Capture.PNG

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

One simple way to show the number of rows is to add an expression, Row Count, with a value of 1, and with a total Mode of Sum of Rows.

That's not in a text object, of course. I believe the expression for a text object is going to depend heavily on how you've implemented your adhoc report.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can also use the dynamic count function which will count the numbers of distinct values.

Lets assume that your Dimension Field (from where users are selecting the Dimension for chart) is _dimension.

Then you can use below expression in the Caption of chart to get the numbers of records.

=Count(Distinct $(=Concat(_dimension,'&')))

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!