Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

data incorrect in qvw, but right in qvd

Dear,

I found a strange issue

I found that some of the data in my QVW file was incorrect ,but in the qvw's source qvd file,  that data was right .

and  When i reload the qvw,  The problem is gone.

This problem often can not be reproduced, but the frequency of occurrence in a month or so.

Has someone had a similar problem?

I very sure ,When qvw loaded, no other program occupies the QVD file.

thanks a lot !

that my qvw scritp , can any body helps! 

B.R

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume your 'backup incorrect qvw' script is a little more complex than the script you attached to your original post?

It's hard to tackle down the issue without really knowing how the data is used and presented on each side of your statement 'I see different data in qvw and qvd'.

If for example your qvw is updated automatically with a certain schedule, have you double checked that the reload really worked without any issues (so you are not looking at older data than expected) and that the creation / update of the QVD was finished before the QVW started to consume the QVD data?

You need to post as many details as possible if you want efficient help on such a randomly happening issue.

Try to describe your setting from the scratch.

How are reload and consuming of the QVD and the QVW done and how do you sync the tasks.

Again, double check that you are looking at the same data set, not changed / modified by and reload or transformation tasks before you are starting to compare the data.

It might be helpful to add a timestamp from your source creation to both the QVD and your QVW model, so you might be able to check if you missed an updated source data reload.

How is the data used and presented in the QVW.

How do you checked the data in the QVD and compared it to the QVW. Is the script you've posted the one you are using to load the QVD to do the check?