Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

dimension if statement

Hi,

I am trying to create a straight table using one dimension to show to total count. This dimension has two types of values 'Auto' and 'Manual'.

How and where can I limit this table to show me the total count of the 'Auto' value only?

Or if I should be using a straight table for one dimension what should I use for the above.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi T P

If you want that thing in dimension than you can use following and it will give you count of 'AutoData' according to Tran_Date. Means you will be able to calculate only 'Auto' Data on daily basis and its amount.

Tran_DateNameCountTypeAmount
01/10/2010A1Auto120
01/01/2009A1Auto100
01/04/2009B -Manual  -
01/07/2009C -Manual  -
01/10/2009D -Manual  -
01/01/2010E -Manual  -
01/04/2010F -Manual  -
01/07/2010G -Manual  -
31/07/2016I -Manual  -
31/07/2016J -Manual -

Following are the dimensions you can use:

Tran_Date

Name

Count:- =aggr(Count({<Type={'Auto'}>}Type),Type,Tran_Date)

Type

Amount:-=aggr(sum({<Type={'Auto'}>}Amount),Type,Tran_Date)

Note:- This is a straight table

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Great that worked! it gave the result below. How do I remove the zero values from the output? So From this

to

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If  this  is pivot  object  then you may try to check the suppress  null values from presentation tab.

Can you confirm me one thing,  if you use the same expression then why manual  data will showing

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful