Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

document session lost on server. Reconnect?

Hi,

I'm a newbie here and to qlikview. What I am trying to do is the following:

1. Load a qvd from an oracle database table.

2. Run a batch job every 10 mintues to update the qvd file with the latest incremental data from the database.

essentially, this what I am doing:

SELECT * FROM myschema.my_table where <condition to get incremental data>

concatenate
LOAD *
FROM my_data.qvd (qvd);

STORE Qlkdata INTO my_data.qvd;

The problem is..everytime I run the script, everyone using the report gets the following error message: "Document connection lost on server. Reconnect?" I'm using Qlikview 8.5

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I just got into this about 3 days ago..already loving it.

Thank you

--S

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The action can be set at the individual document level. See Document Properties>Server>Refresh Mode

Glad you are enjoying Qlikview!

Regards,

Gordon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The action can be set at the individual document level. See Document Properties>Server>Refresh Mode

Glad you are enjoying Qlikview!

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Brilliant!! Thanks a lot Gordon..it works! However, everytime, the data is refreshed in the server, all the selections on the screen are lost. The document defaults to no-selections. I selected the following option "Server performs refresh automatically without client action".

Not applicable
Author

you might be able to solve that using bookmarks (set a bookmark before reloading and open it after)

Not applicable
Author