Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cyclic Group Horz Axes Strings

I have a cyclic group with two fields:

1) =MakeDate(RollupYear, RollupMonth)

2) RollupDate

The first field is Year-Month. the second field is Year-Month-Day. I have a bar chart using this group. When I have the "Month" displayed the bar chart is correctly showing a total for the month, but the string on the axes is "12/1/2009", "1/1/2010", "2/1/2010", etc. When I switch to date group field the string on the axes is displaying "12/1/2009", "12/2/2009", 12/3/2009", etc.

I can not figure out how to make the month string be "Month/Year" without the "1" always being displayed. How do I do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

The date() function allows you to specify a format, so one answer is:

date(makedate(RollupYear,RollupMonth),'MM/YYYY')

If it were me, I'd use that to create a RollupMonthYear field in your script, and just use that in the cyclic group. It might not make any difference in this specific application, but it can improve chart performance if you create this sort of field in the script rather than on the fly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

The date() function allows you to specify a format, so one answer is:

date(makedate(RollupYear,RollupMonth),'MM/YYYY')

If it were me, I'd use that to create a RollupMonthYear field in your script, and just use that in the cyclic group. It might not make any difference in this specific application, but it can improve chart performance if you create this sort of field in the script rather than on the fly.