Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marikabi
Creator
Creator

field filtering

Hello,

is it possible to disable the manual filtering of one single field? and also to disable the filter removal manually?

Let me explain better.. my application can perform two types of analysis based on one filter: "TYPE" that can be "A" or "B".

In the cover sheet I put 2 buttons that allow to select one between these two options (A or B).

Each sheet has a condition based on these two buttons.

What I want to do, is to block the filtering of this field "TYPE" (eg. from the lists, etc) and once filtered using the button to don't allow the manual removal of this filter (because it's visible in the current selections, or it can disappear using the command clear all)

Hope it's clear enough

Thanks in advance,

Marika

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

hi

if i understood correctly. one thing you can do.

1: put Type filter on cover sheet. select the TYPE .

2: on other sheet use a trigger to lock the filed TYPE on open .

hope this will help.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

hi

if i understood correctly. one thing you can do.

1: put Type filter on cover sheet. select the TYPE .

2: on other sheet use a trigger to lock the filed TYPE on open .

hope this will help.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
marikabi
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

this is exactly what I want to do.

Can you explain me better what should I do? I mean, do I find these triggers in the settings?

Thank you for your patience!

marcus_sommer

If you renamed your field TYPE to __TYPE (or adding an extra one for this purpose) and using set prefix = '__'; this field would be treated like a system field and not displayed in the current selection box. Helpful could also to set the field-properties to "Allow only one selected value" - this could be set within a listbox with this field but would be applied on field-level - and also to lock the selections within the button-action.

- Marcus

marikabi
Creator
Creator
Author

I found it

Thank you!

This works great

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

on other sheet other than the cover sheet open the properties-> triggers->on activate sheet-> add action->

then in the action type selection select lock field and give your field name as TYPE.

It should do the trick .

Learning never stops.
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

please mark correct or helpful .

Learning never stops.