Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

grouping of latitude and longitude coordinates

Hi all,

My application uses huge data with different latitude and longitude coordinates. I want to group the coordinates which fall under 50 meters area. So all the points which are close to each other will form a group and i have to assign a common groupID to those points. Someone please help me......

I dont think Groupby function solves this problem......please help

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

geo coordinates are tough in terms of grouping - you can't use averages, or you might end up in a completely different geography. Qlik Sense offers a number of script functions that allow some transformations of that kind, but in QlikView there is nothing for that.

One work around would be to look for a 3-rd party API that you could call and get the result back into QlikView.

Another work around would be to select one of the points out of the group, which may not necessarily be a central point, but it would definitely belong to the same geography. Pick one of the dots one way or another, and assign its coordinates to the aggregated group data.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

www.masterssummit.com - take your QlikView skills to the next level!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

Can you please explain me with an example ?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry, I don't have an example that I could share...