cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III

hide dimension values in trellis

Is there a way to hide the dimension values when you use a trellis.

In the picture below you see missing values which take a lot of space.

And is it possible to adjust the axis for each dimension?

Now I don't need the have 60 on the axis, only for the second graph.

Ok it is possible to make 3 different graphs but I want it to be automated because the number of values isn't fixed.

And it is possible to make one graph and with a selection box but then you lose the overview 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I did manage with rank in your example, see attached

View solution in original post

8 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Kristof,

Maybe this document which I made for the community can help you

Getting the most out of a Trellis bar chart, some tricks

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could clear the show legend checkbox on Properties | Dimension. That would suppress the display on all the charts.

If you want a scale on one chart only you might want to overlay a filtered chart with the x axis legend displayed. Use Shft-Crtl click to drag the display part of this chart and resize the object so that only the legend displays with a transparent background to the same size as the trellis charts. If the now invisible expression is the same as one of the legend charts, it will rescale the same when selections are made. This does assume that the trellis charts all have the same x-axis range.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It is not the dimension values i'm worried about, it's the white space the generate.

Take 'sky', it has 3 dimension with missings and only the last dimension has information. I don't need to see the 3 others.

kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III
Author

nice document and I tried with rank() but it keeps on showing all the dimensions.

too bad

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I did manage with rank in your example, see attached

kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thx Piet,

and do you know how I can remove all the white space?

ctrl + shift doesn't work anymore.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

There was something with that, just not sure what it was anymore. If I find out I will let you know, in the meantime I've copied the trellis chart from the trellis document on the community to your document and changed it to your chart settings.

The resizing in this chart does work!

kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Just did the same thing and it works

Dank u