Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cafcptg2011
Creator
Creator

highlight the background color max/min of 2 dimensions (on a pivot table)

Hi,

I need to highlight the background color max/min sales Type and Size dimensions.

I have so far doing this:

Imag1.PNG.png

But, I need this:

Imag2.PNG.png

my expression: only({<Type={"=rank(aggr(sum({< Article={'AAA'}>}Sales),Type))=1"}>}Type) returns X as max type dimension, which is correct, but it doens't apply the background color, why??

I have attached a qvw file to understand better my pb.

Could someone please help on this,

Thanks in advance,

CAFC

3 Replies
Not applicable

If you like use rank to find min of some expression, you may use the same, but multipy your expression by -1.

regards

Darek

cafcptg2011
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks for you reply.

if I select only the sizes 2 and 3 my expressions work great (for max and min cases), as you can see in the following picture:

imag3.PNG.png

but, if I make no selection at all (like the first picture posted) my expression doesn't works correctly.

So, my conclusion is that when the Type dimension doesn't have data (minus signal) on Size 1 it not highlight min Type background color.

Is there any workaround to solve this pb (without changing loading data)?

thanks in advance,

CAFC

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two dimensions EmployeeID & CategoryName and the measure is Sales.

And i want Max & Min Column of each category to be highligted min & max value employeeID wise. then write:

If(Rank( Sum(Sales))=1  ,Yellow(),

If(Rank(-Sum(Sales))=1,Green() ))

All your Min and max value will be highlited by Yellow and green respectively for each employeeID