Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumar6872
Contributor
Contributor

how to load JSON file data in to qlikview

Hello All,

We have data that come in JSON file ( ABC.json) with following info. Need help as how to load the data in qlikview.

[   {

"ID" : "1234",

"Details" : "Product A"

} , {

"ID" : "1222",

"Details" : "Product B"

}  ]

Labels (1)
11 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

Hi,

I suggest you see these solutions:

Solution1

Solution2

personally I prefer to convert the Json file to CSV and work with CSV.

Cheers,

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did the post you received help with your use case?  If so, be sure you return to the thread and use the Accept as Solution button on that post to give the poster credit for the assistance and let other Community Members know it worked.  If you are still looking for further guidance, leave an update.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Kumar6872
Contributor
Contributor
Author

But does QLikview officially support JSON?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I see nothing in the Help regarding JSON connectors, so the best I can offer at this point would be for you to reach out to your account manager to see if they can provide information regarding how customers are addressing things, and here is the Connector Help link in case you want to check yourself:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Content/Connectors_Home/Home.htm#J

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Kumar6872
Contributor
Contributor
Author

We are the first people who have been asked to use JSON files as inputs for the Qlikview.

Does QLikview officially supports loading JSON files to qlikview? I am also having issues with the date feilds not read correctly by Qlikview.

I am using the following code to load the JSON files but when the JSON file size is more than 400 to 500 MB then scripts failed to load.

[..\..\Projects\dailysales.json]
(json, utf8, embedded labels, no quotes, no eof);

Taoufiq_Zarra

can you share the code ?

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Further to Brett's response, you may be able to use the Premium Qlik General Web Connector, which can be found as part of the Qlik Web Connector's package.

Here you are able to consume JSON which could be from an API response or a local file on your machine.

From the General Web Connector's tables, select something like JSONToXMLRaw (recommended), which can be consumed by Qlik or JSONToTable, where the connector will attempt to convert the JSON to a table, which again can be consumed by Qlik. 

image.png

Click 'Parameters' to configure the connector for this table and in the case of a local JSON file select FILE from the 'Request Method' list:

image.png

(If the JSON is a response from a Rest API request, then you'd set this to 'GET')

In the 'Request URI' box underneath, enter the file's path and name:

image.png

(In the case of using an API, this will be the API call)

In reading a local file, you will need to give the Qlik Web Connectors permission to read files. This can be done by editing the deploy.config file in something like Notepad and making the appropriate change. If you search for  <FileSystemAccessAllowedPaths>" in the config file you'll see where to make the change and some examples.

Clicking the green 'save and run table' at the bottom will process the request and you'll see a preview to the right:

image.png

You can then use the Tabs along the top to get the relevant script to place into your Qlik app, which when run will pull the data into it.

You can get the Qlik Web Connectors from the Qlik download site. As this is a Premium connector, you'll need to contact your local Qlik office or partner to get a relevant Licence file with this connector enabled.

I hope this helps to clarify how to use the Qlik Web Connectors and JSON data together.

Darren

Kumar6872
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, is it for Qlikview or QlikSense..

I am using Qlikview

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

hi kumar,
nativly Qlikview does not support consuming json files.
Either you will have to setup the qlik rest connector (but the jsonfile has to present as a webfile)
or you can use the Premium Qlik General Web Connector as Darren mentioned, or you can go with the Dummy-solution Taoufiq proposed and make use of the jscript macro to extract the json file locally. Another option would be to start a small python or powershell script inside scriptmodule which is extracting the json data
and saving the output to a predefined folder which then can be used for further loading in qlikscript!

hope this helps.