Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to position window title of a Line Chart

I am having issues with how the title appears on top of the chart. I want the budget to be at center with respect to plot area, not with respect to whole chart area(which it currently is set to).

title position.PNG

i set title alignment by doing the below:

title center.PNG

11 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think you can control this using the chart settings.

Maybe use text box as wide as the plot area with centered text instead?

(Background can be made transparent)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you hit Ctrl+Shift while that chart is selected, red outline boxes will appear around individual 'parts' of your chart. You should be able to move around the position of the title.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Swuehl,

did you mean put text box on top of chart, make background transp for table box...? for that disable title settings at all for chart?

Regards.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Right, disable the title in the chart and use a text box instead.

Won't work very well if you need to minimize / maximize / move your line chart. But may work within a dashboard.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I will try and see if it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

or is there script like chr(10) which instead allows space break instead of line break..?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you elaborate further on that? How you want to use a character code to center over the plot area?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What I meant was just as chr(10) creates another line if we want a row of text to be in the next row, I was wondering if there was similar code that creates spaces. may be &'    ' will work

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, you can try to add a number of spaces like

='Title' & Repeat(chr(32),10)

but this might also just be a dirty work around. Available plot area might change depending e.g. on length of your legend values. Nevertheless, I would give it a try.