Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to solve this in QlikView?

The customer is looking for something like this:

test.bmp

The hard thing in this is that the first column are the expressions (vertically viewed).

On top are 2 dimensions (Quarter and Type).

If there are only 'numbers' shown this is not hard to do ... but the customer really needs some sort of traffic lights columns in between.

Anyone got suggestions how to fix this in any way?

thx in advance!!

Anita

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

As explained in Replacing images with Geometric Shapes as visual cues there are unicode characters like and you can use for up and down triangles to show direction.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Im not sure i understand your questions:

Is your example made in performancepoint?

Its not a problem to insert trafficlight in qlikview. You can have KPIs in the side with traffic lights, colors, whatever you feel like,.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

do you have a sample file or data?

Not applicable
Author

This can be solved like this:

if(column(1) < 50,'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_r.png',

if(column(1)<60,'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_o.png',

'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_g.png'

)

)

In the expression. Beware to change the representation of that expression to image

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps with using background and text color expressions and special ascii characters like explained here: Replacing images with Geometric Shapes as visual cues

You could add another value to the Type dimension for example an empty string ''. That will give you three columns under each quarter. You can use an if statement to check the Type value and calculate the appropriate (sub)expression: if(Type='', ...expression_x..., expression_y...)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I already thought about an empty dimension value to use with the background color ...
Could be nice ... but visual not the most beautiful solution.

Also because they have also the wish to show besides a dotted color a column with an arrow to show a certain direction I'm searching for another solution (if there is one)

rgrds,

Anita

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anita,

And my solution with the led as an expression based on a certain aggregation is not the solution for you?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

As explained in Replacing images with Geometric Shapes as visual cues there are unicode characters like and you can use for up and down triangles to show direction.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I know the led solution, but this doesn't work with the problem I have.

In my case the expression is horizontally shown, in which only one display possibility is available (in my case text) ... this cannot be mixed as far as I know with leds / etc...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Didn't think of that possibility ... might be a part of the solution in my case!!
Thx for the link!