Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_koti24
Creator II
Creator II

how to split qvd's dynamically?

Hi All,

i have one qvd.that qvd contains 3 months of data.(ex:mainqvd contains apr,may,jun upto 24thdate 2015),i am getting the daily data from excel.

ex:

prev_usage:

Load

Dir,

date,

space

from

mainqvd.qvd(qvd)        this qvd contains total data.

concatenate

curr_usage:

Load

Dir,

date,

space

from

Today.xlsx                    daily excel.

i am concatenating the daily curr_usage: data to prev_usage: now i dnt have any issue.but in future we will get more months of data.that will be added to mainqvd.qvd(qvd) .

that time it will take more time to load mainqvd.qvd(qvd) to concatenate the curr_usage: data.

Now My Requirement is

first i want to split that mainqvd.qvd(qvd) into monthly wise qvd's like apr.qvd,may.qvd,june.qvd.

but thing is june.qvd  contains the data upto 24/06/2015 .now when 25/06/2015 data comes i want to add that 25/06/2015 data to june.qvd like this upto 30/06/2015

when 01/07/2015 data comes on that day i want create july.qvd and store the data into july.qvd,when 2/07/2015 data comes that data add to july.qvd like this upto 31/07/2015.when 1/08/2015 comes i want to create august.qvd

how to achive this?

help me on this...

regards,

kd

3 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi koti,

is the data you get daily in Excel_format always for one month only or might there be data that has to be associated with several different months?

(In the latter case, you have to split that into several blocks (by month) first.

=> Then you can take one of those blocks (all in the script), identify which is the month (and year?) that the data belongs tó, load the corresponding qvd and append the data to that qvd

=> Then you can go on processing the next block (if there is any)

HTH

d_koti24
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for ur quick reply...sorry i did n't get u ,can you explain me clearly or send me any sample qvw.

Regards,

koti

Anonymous
Not applicable

Koti,

do you need to retain all of your data? If you're not, then I wouldn't personally use monthly QVDs. You will introduce a manual overhead to house keep old QVDs and remove them from your file system. I would simply:

Load Previous Data

Concatenate the Daily Data

Store the Data into a QVD where the Date is between your defined start and end dates.

Andrew