Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

i download a personal product ,version is 10

i download a personal product , the version is 10 ,but when i create a new connection ,there is only file connection ,not database connection.

who can tell me how to do this.please quickly.i am from china .my email is bennyzhang@rich.com

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello and welcome to the Forums,

The available connections depend on your architecture (32 bits or 64 bits) and your drivers characteristics. Some ODBC drivers are not available for 64 bits, so you will have to create them using

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

One of the new things in QlikView 10 is that you onely need to click on the "Force 32 Bit" to get that working, instead of using another version of QlikView. Anyway, check your database webpage in order to get the latest drivers to connect to it.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

i install it in my computer.

my computer is windows xp sp3.

you said ,force 32 bit ,how to do this .

One of the new things in QlikView 10 is that you onely need to click on the "Force 32 Bit" to get that working, instead of using another version of QlikView. Anyway, check your database webpage in order to get the latest drivers to connect to it.

thanks,

benny

Not applicable
Author

in addition ,i have odbc in my computer .please look at the picture

Not applicable
Author

please look at the picture ,how can i connect one database ,i click new ,just connect one file ,not database .

how can i do .

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Go to the File menu, Script Editor. On the bottom part you have a Data tab with OLED/ODBC "Connect" (to create connections to already existing drivers or databases) and "Select" to open them and start selecting tables and fields.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much.