Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

incremental load

i want to reload the application twice in a day but i have taken date stamp like max(date) for the peek function . based on these it will reload one in a day how can i achieve this

6 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Try this

maxdate:load max(date) as Max_Date;

let vMAX = peek('Max_Date',0,'maxdate');

load fieldnames

from source where date> '$(vMAX)';

concatenate

load fieldnames

from old_qvd;

store data into onld_qvd;

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi  Try this logic

Get all the data for the same day and while concatenating with QVD remove the same day data and then store it in QVD;

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yes, but it will reload all the data on that day.

but my requirement is i am reloading at 12AM it has added 1 lakh records and same day at 12PM reloading the application in same day now hv to load only newly changed data  after the 1 lakh records

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Then you should have a timestamp in database which will tell you that this are the new records which got updated after 1pm.

Do you have it?

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

if we have the time stamp then also how to implement the two incremental loads for that we need if conditions, end if, if then do logic's  are needed

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you have timestamp then normal incremental load script will work, you dont need to do anything extra.

It will get you new data every time you reload.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki