Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

is it possible to only select the last months figures in an expression. Qlikview

Hi

is it possible to pick up ONLY the last months figures in an expression?  I.e. to show in a charts results :-

Data from table example.  Therefore I would only want to show March

Date               Media       State

01-02-2016    TV            Vic

03-03-2016    Print          NSW

Cheers

LC

31 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Count({<%MediaDate={">=$(=Date(MonthStart(Today(), -1)))<=$(=Date(MonthEnd(Today(), -1)))"}>}Outlet)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yeh. I gave that a go with no luck.

I get the fist section would give me the end of last month.  I don't think the last section gives me the right date don't you agree?

sunny_talwar

1st section will give you the 1st of previous month. This would be April 1st

2nd section will give you the last day of previous month. This would be April 30th.

Go ahead and try this in a text box object and see what you get

='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Today(), -1))) & '<=' & Date(MonthEnd(Today(), -1))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That’s a great tip . thank-you.

Am I able to show all states along the bottom even if the date is 0. At present only the state that has a value is displayed. I’ve checked the Suppressed When value is null is not ticked and show all values is ticked.

sunny_talwar

Have you also unchecked 'Suppress When Zero' on the presentation tab?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No I missed that one ☺

Thanks

sunny_talwar

If everything is working, I would suggest you to spend some time to mark some helful answers (if there were any) so that visits by others in future can be smooth ride. You can mark only one response as correct, but no such restriction is for helpful responses, but make sure to mark only those responses as helpful which you truly thought helped you.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeh, I’ve already marked quite a few with liked.

I continue to learn a lot from you as you explain things very well.

Cheers Sunny.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You should teach . your good at it

sunny_talwar

I am glad we contribute to your learning. But just so you know, likes are slightly different then helpful answers. Its fine for now, but for your future reference look here

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny