Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

loading in visual cue limits for KPIs

Hi All,

I have a set of KPIs represented as a straight table, with locations as the dimension and the KPI values as the expressions.

I have an external list of red / amber / green limits for each KPI, which im trying to bring in so that the table evaluates the correct limit for each of the locations and KPI's.

In the visual cues tab, ive put the name of the field that represents the limit for that KPI. However this is not working properly. When the table is showing all the locations, then the visual cues aren't working. However if a single location is selected, then the correct visual cue limit comes through.

I can post some screenshots if this will help.

Thanks

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure why visual cues aren't working. That said, I never use them.

Instead of using visual cues, try using a background color expression (or text color expression, whichever it was you wanted).

Go to the expressions tab and click on the + next the the KPI. That will show you some items you have control over, like the background color. Click on it, and enter a color expression in the expression box. As a quick example of what kind of expression that box is looking for:

if(KPI>KPIlimit,red(),rgb(100,150,100))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure why visual cues aren't working. That said, I never use them.

Instead of using visual cues, try using a background color expression (or text color expression, whichever it was you wanted).

Go to the expressions tab and click on the + next the the KPI. That will show you some items you have control over, like the background color. Click on it, and enter a color expression in the expression box. As a quick example of what kind of expression that box is looking for:

if(KPI>KPIlimit,red(),rgb(100,150,100))

Not applicable
Author

Works great - thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Im also using the background feature which allows me to bring in different colours.

Would it be possible to see an example of how you use this to get RED GREEN AMBER?

The problem im having is defining the tolerance levels for what makes an AMBER.

Currently the AMBER is activated if the actual = the target.  REB if below and GREEN if above.