Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

manual load and task manager auto-load have different result

Hi, all,

Need your help again. Following my another question here.

I used Sweuhl's method to load "ALL" for admin user in access control, and the method works.

But for some reason, the script now only works for manual load, for auto load in the task manager, it only load the "script part 3".  I guess this may related to the user permission of the auto-load, but I checked, I do use the same user as my manual load, and also have "Run with highest privileges" selected. I also check the log file for the manual and auto load process, they are exactly the same.

Dose anyone have any idea about this? Below is my script.

Thanks very much

-----------

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, NWGROUP

ADMIN, QVServiceAccount, ALL

ADMIN, admin01, ALL

USER, user01, GROUP1

];

script part 1:

Section Application;

AUTHLINK:

LOAD * INLINE [

NWGROUP, CLIENTId

GROUP1, 1000001

]; // specific case

script part 2:

CONCATENATE (AUTHLINK)

LOAD

if (CLIENT ...) as NWGROUP,

CLIENTId

FROM CLIENT.qvd (qvd); //Load all clients, even for the clients are not in Section Access table yet

script part 3:

CONCATENATE (AUTHLINK)

LOAD

'ALL' as NWGROUP,

CLIENTId

FROM CLIENT.qvd (qvd); // Load admin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

All users on QMC have only USER access, so the user that is performing the reload (the QV service user account) should be added to the Section Access table with a star symbol used for NWGROUP (note that there is still a benefit using ALL for your users as discussed in your other thread):

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, NWGROUP

ADMIN, QVServiceAccount, *

ADMIN, admin01, ALL

USER, user01, GROUP1

];

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

All users on QMC have only USER access, so the user that is performing the reload (the QV service user account) should be added to the Section Access table with a star symbol used for NWGROUP (note that there is still a benefit using ALL for your users as discussed in your other thread):

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, NWGROUP

ADMIN, QVServiceAccount, *

ADMIN, admin01, ALL

USER, user01, GROUP1

];

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Swuehl,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Yes, it works now. You are my hero!!!

Sorry I forget to mention one thing. My QVServiceAccount is also ADMIN with 'ALL' in Section Access, but it did not work.  Do you know why?

Zhihong

swuehl
MVP
MVP

On the server, there are no ADMIN user access rights in the sense that ADMIN will see all data anyway.

So each user, also the service account user, will be restricted to the NWGROUP values listed in section access table when opening the QVW.

If the service account user needs to open and save the document during distribution, the resulting QVW will be limited already to his NWGROUP values.

Hence, the service account user should

a) be always part of your sections access table

b) should have a star symbol in the reduction fields

Nevertheless, the advantage of ALL as discussed in the other thread still applies for the users that need to open the app with all CLIENTId, regardless of which CLIENTIds are linked to NWGROUP values.

The usage of ALL is here more related to  'ALL' details /ClientID, while star symbol in section access table means 'all listed values in that table', which is needed for the reload and distribution process.

Hope this makes sense,

Stefan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Swuehl,

Thanks for your great explanation. I actually just figured out the reason during lunch time.

Your answer now make clear sense for me.

Thanks very much for your time!!!

Zhihong