Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxsheva
Creator II
Creator II

min date from data set

Hi,

data:

LOAD *, Year(date) as year;

LOAD * Inline [

date, product, value

01.01.2016, product1, 100

01.01.2017, product1, 100

01.02.2017, product1, 100

01.03.2017, product1, 100

01.04.2017, product1, 100

];

I need to get minimum date from the data above. In set analysis I use this =Date(min({<date={'>=(=min(date))<=$(=max(date))'}>} date))

When I select from list box some date, for example "01.02.2017" the result is "01.01.2016"

When I select "2017" year the result is "01.02.2017". But I still need the min in data set.

Any idea would be appropriate.

Thx.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want to start from first date in the total data set, but end with selected date:

Sum( {<date={">=$(=min({1} date))<=$(=max(date))"}, year >} value)

or

Sum( {<date={"<=$(=max(date))"}, year >} value)

You need to add all calendar fields that may interfere with the date modifier same way like year field to clear possible user selections in these fields.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Max,

You forgot $ sign.

=Date(min({<date={'>=$(=min(date))<=$(=max(date))'}>} date))

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

However, why not simply

Date(Min(date))

or

MinString(date)

?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Right syntax is:

=Date(min({<date={'>=$(=min(date))<=$(=max(date))'}>} date))

and if you want the out put to be always irrespective of selection, the syntax would be like:

=Date(min({1}{<date={'>=$(=min({1}date))<=$(=max({1}date))'}>} date))

Now, if you only need the min/max date of data set all the time, a simpler expression could be:

=Date(min({1} date))

Note: '{1}' is used in set analysis to defy any selections.

mayuresh_d
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

use following set exp:

=date(num#(min({<date=>}num(date(date#(date,'DD.MM.YYYY'),'YYYYDDMM')))),'DD.MM.YYYY')

it will give u min date...if you select any date it will not change. but on selection of product or value it will change....if you dont want it  to change at all for that just nullify this two fields like what have done in set.

thanks

maxsheva
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks everyone for reply.

Probably I didn't quite explain what I exactly need.

Attached file in my first post has expression Sum( {<date={'>=(=min(date))<=$(=max(date))'}>} value)

In this case I need sum all values started from first date in data set.

No need add dollar sign to minimum date in set analysis. I need ignore date filter for minimum value.

My goal is to get minimum date "01.01.2016" in set analysis when selected any date as well as any year in filters.

sunny_talwar

May be this to get min date regardless of selection in date or year

=Date(min({<date, year>} date))

maxsheva
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

You brought me the idea.

will use this for my expression Sum( {<year,date={'>=(=min(date))<=$(=max(date))'}>} value)

Thank you!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want to start from first date in the total data set, but end with selected date:

Sum( {<date={">=$(=min({1} date))<=$(=max(date))"}, year >} value)

or

Sum( {<date={"<=$(=max(date))"}, year >} value)

You need to add all calendar fields that may interfere with the date modifier same way like year field to clear possible user selections in these fields.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

And don't forget the dollar sign for the dollar sign expansion for both date limits.