Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

number of rows in database # number of rows in logical table

Hi forum

I read a table from progress database. I have a trouble because i don´t obtain all rows.

I have it:

Select
field1,
field2,
field3
from budget;

When i use all fields. I obtain 120.000 rows. But when i read field 1 and field2. I obtain 150.000 rows.
if i realize the select in Data Base (all fields) I obtain 150.000 rows.

field3 doesn't have null values. Field3 is number with 2 decimals. But when I include it in the select.
I don't obtain all rows.

Thanks for your answers !!

3 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

This does not sound logical - How do you count the number of rows? When talking on decimals in Field3, what are your settings on decimals ("." or ",")? Have you checked the logfile, whether there had been an error in reading? Might also help to include a preceding load with LOAD *, RecNo() AS Counter; SELECT ....

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thanks Peter. I use settings -> document properties - > tables -> # records. when I comment the field3 i obtain 150.000 rows. If i use all fields i obtain 120.000 rows. Also i used Recno() and i obtain the same result (# records = 120.000 with all fields)

I checked the logfile. but it doesn't have errors.

thanks a lot.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Still weird - guess that you use an ODBC-driver from Progress. Have you tried to link/export same set of data into another database, e.g. MS-Access or the like?

Peter