Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

number setting in properties?

Hi I want to change my number format from like let's say $95,800,000 to $95.8 (in millions) in a pivot table. Is there a way i could do it in the settings?

Thanks!

W

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

change the format to 'money' and type this in to the format pattern:

$#,##0.0M;($#,##0.0M)

... you will have to also divide your existing expression on the expression tab by 1000000 (1 million).

(But this isn't done exclusively on the number tab so not sure if you are looking for something better)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Divide your expression by 1,000,000

Then in the numbers tab, have it show only one decimal

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

change the format to 'money' and type this in to the format pattern:

$#,##0.0M;($#,##0.0M)

... you will have to also divide your existing expression on the expression tab by 1000000 (1 million).

(But this isn't done exclusively on the number tab so not sure if you are looking for something better)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you... Would it be possible to just do it on the settings without dividing by 1MM on the expression tab?

Thanks,

W

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

well this is a million symbol property on the number tab in the lower right.

funny thing is if you toggle the chart type and go back , the properties are sometimes enabled.

but when you enter a value like 'M' , hit ok  the changes aren't applied and the properties become greyed out.

So... i'm not 100% sure and i suspect some buggy behaviour because of a recent post to the same effect:

Million Symbol in Chart

If its important i would suggest logging a support issue with qlik . it could be a bug. or just use the workaround of '/1000000' on the expression definition.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yea exactly.. I thought it didn't apply to pivot table. Anyways, thanks for your help!

W