Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

qlikview report size

Hello everyone,

Initially I developed the report  based on the already created report by modifying only the script changes .The front end remains same in both the reports .After refreshing the report the size comes close to 1Gb .

in further analysing now  I took new report , file  > new report and copied all the scripts from the old report and placed all the objects in this newly created report. The number of records fetched remains same in both the reports.

But the size of the newly created report has reduced drastically . The size is now around in less than five hundred Mb.

Can anyone please tell me what could be reason for the size reduction to happen drastically ?

Thanks

Sriram

8 Replies
avinashelite

Hi Sriram,

It has many reasons, to state a few:

1.Compare the number of fields that your pulling.

2.The JOIN conditions like LEFT , RIGHT etc using joins your going to reduce unwanted data. if your using outer join thn the data will be more.

3 .Aggregation in the script will reduce the size instead of doing it at the front end better do it at SQL queries  

Hope this helps you

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

But since I copied entirely old script into the new report the fields in both the reports remains same . then how come size could reduce so much when datas's are found to be proper in both the reports.

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can anyone please tell me what could be the reason for the size of the report to get reduce

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can anyone please tell me what could be the reason for the size to reduce when  a new report is created. what is it happening when a new report is being created.?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compare the Save Format - Compression, on the General tab in the document properties.  Maybe it is different (?)

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

in both the reports save format remains same. what I wanted to know is when a report is created with option file >new size of the report got reduced . How come ?

but the data wise both the reports are same and proper. Please let me know what could be the reason.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Store the data into  QVD's and load it..

or

Reduce the number of Joins(like left join & inner joins) instead of joins use the resident tables..

avinashelite

can you please share both the script?? so that we try to get the reason for it