Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

qlikview server install services

Hi expert, i have installed qlikview server 12 and when i try to start the service i have this error

qlikview webservice service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not used by any service or program

see the attached, what could by?

i restart the server and have the same problem, and try to unistall and reinstall and have the same problem.

Thanks a lot

Fernando K.

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Perhaps the services couldn't connect eachother because of port-blocking or something similar. Therefore check the ports and maybe disable for a testing the firewall.

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Every QlikView service acts like a blackbox. They will never show you a message box or a dialog about failures or errors (and to the services control panel, all services are alike which means that they work or they don't ). However, they all generate log files, which are the only means to check on service operation and possibly figure out what went wrong.

If I'm not mistaken, the log file for the QVWS can be found in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\Log. Find the text file that has the current date in its name, and open it in Notepad. Does it mention any errors during start-up?

Peter

marcus_sommer

In addition to the answer from Peter take a look within the windows event-log which might also more detailed.

- Marcus