Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marjan_it
Creator III
Creator III

scroll multiple rows of tabs in QlikView

Hi guys

I have a qlikview file with lots of tabs. I need to add scroll to scroll tabs for easy access. H know we could add button and activate sheet but I need Scrolling.

how can I handle?

5 Replies
eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

That are a lot of tabs indeed! Can you specify what you precisely want? Do you want that users can scroll through a list of tabs and after selecting a tab it will navigate to that tab? Or do you want a scroll list as a developer? 

Regards Eddie

marcus_sommer

I suggest to consider a re-design of this application - so that there is max. one row of tabs.

I assume that there are a lot of redundancies within the sheets - probably fixing the expressions with set analysis with hard-coded values to certain product, categories or similar. If so why not just providing appropriate list-boxes and the user selects their wanted values?

- Marcus

marjan_it
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

No users don't see the tabs. I will hide tabs for users and they access the sheet by button. but when I want to make the sheets in server its easier for me to show the tabs and scrolling. actually its easier for me to access sheet through tabs rather than button. 

marcus_sommer

IMO it's the wrong way. Why creating hundreds of sheets and quite possibly the same number of variables and buttons to control their visibility? It may work for your business case but the efforts to create all this - probably highly redundant - stuff must be quite enormously and maintaining a nightmare. I'm sure that there are much easier possibilities.

Recommended is to keep things as simple as possible - means max. one row of sheet tabs and no macro/actions with/without buttons to show/hide sheets and objects and/or select anything. Just providing the user the possibility to select their wanted data and views within readable sheets/objects. No magic!

Nevertheless if you want continue with your approach you could add some grouping logics to the sheets, for example with various colouring of the sheet-tab background and their names. Further you could add some extra show/hide-variables for those groups. And of course you could make all of it user-dependent for example by depending it on the right osuser(). But to implement it now afterwards will be quite hard and ugly work ....

- Marcus 

eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello @marjan_it ,

First of all, I think it is wise to follow the advice been given by @marcus_sommer . For the quick win you can do two things as a developer.

1. Make use of the  sheets toolbar (picture = Dutch). 

eddie_wagt_0-1617692629401.png

2. Load the document's xml in order to get the sheet objects from the file, see example. You can join a table (maybe from Excel or from a database table) with descriptions. Then you can add a trigger on the field Title with the action 'Activate sheet'. See example in QVW.

Sheet:
LOAD SheetId,
     Title
FROM [1796733.qvw] (XmlSimple, Table is [DocumentSummary/Sheet]);

left join (Sheet)
LOAD * INLINE [SheetId	Description
Document\SH01	Main - Developer sheet
Document\SH02	Sheet 1 - KPI Sales
Document\SH03	Sheet 2 - Breakdown Sales
Document\SH04	Sheet 3 - Report Sales
Document\SH05	Sheet 4 - Customer Analysis
Document\SH06	Sheet 5 - Debt Analysis