Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

send alert

i want to send a field in mail after relaod. how to send a field in alert option on the basis of reload time. i want to send different field on diffrerent reload time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Piyush

This works fine in text box:

= 'Last Reloaded: ' & reloadtime() & chr(10) & if ( hour(reloadtime()) < 17 , 'Reload before 17:00' , 'Reload at or before 17:00' )

Best Regards,     Bill

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In the tools menu, there's 'Alerts' and the 'Alerts Wizard' which may be able to help you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Piyush

When you are creating the Alert Message, you can use any expression you wish, similar to as you can in a Text Box. Indeed testing your expression in a Text Box can save one having to do repeated reloads to test.

So in your expression you can do something like:

if ( now() = 'what you want it to equal', 'Text A' , 'Text B' )

Also good practice to put the reload time into a variable in the load script, as in:

let vLastLoadStart = now() ;

and use that in the Alert Message expression.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

hi bill,

i am using if condition to display field on the basis of reload time as if((reloadtime())>='1:30:00AM' and (reloadtime()<'10:30:00AM' and date(reloadtime())=date(today()),concat('field'))) in alert box. but it is not working as i am testing it in text box. please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Piyush

You probably need get everything into date format, as in something like:

if( date(reloadtime() ) >= .....

then get what you what next in date format, using date# and date.

Just search for  QlikView date format  in Google and you'll find loads of hits.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

hi bill,

for time i m using (time(reloadtime())) and for comapring date i m using date(reloadtime()). but its not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Piyush

This works fine in text box:

= 'Last Reloaded: ' & reloadtime() & chr(10) & if ( hour(reloadtime()) < 17 , 'Reload before 17:00' , 'Reload at or before 17:00' )

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

thanx.its working now.

Regards

Piyush Jain