Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis

Hi All,

I have a problem with my calculations.

Please take a look @ the attached and let me know how to calculat the $(previous) .

It should be the $ for the line above previous column.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried what I posted above?

In your last posted file, you don't have any data prior 2010, so I am not sure where the above() value for Jan 2010 shown in your firts posted file comes from.

I have attached a demo with some data (assumed that this comes close to your situation) and with a chart demonstrating what I was talking about before.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You could try with chart inter record functions like above():

=above( EXPRESSIONUSEDFOR$ )

This should give you the expected result (except for the first month, do you have data for Dec 2009)?

Not applicable
Author

Your expression is correct and I did the same thing, but for the first month of each year it returns nothing and I donlt kow why !

Thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You just don't have an 'above' row for that row. Have you limited your rows using a selection in Year?

try

=aggr(above(total sum({1} Value)),Year,Month)

Not applicable
Author

I have the above for the first line. Please check the new attached (test.xlsx) to give the idea.

Thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

=sum(aggr (Above(total Sum({1} WEIGHT)/2000),Year,Month))

Not applicable
Author

try using one dimension, by changing ur Year and Month dimension into MonthYear dimension..

See attached file.

Hope helps,

David Sugito

Business Intelligence Developer

Not applicable
Author

Thanks David,

But it's not what I'm looking for.  I don't want to create a data island and also my client wants to keep the presentation as it is.

Any idea is appreciated.

Thanks

Nima

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried what I posted above?

In your last posted file, you don't have any data prior 2010, so I am not sure where the above() value for Jan 2010 shown in your firts posted file comes from.

I have attached a demo with some data (assumed that this comes close to your situation) and with a chart demonstrating what I was talking about before.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks  Swuehl,

You are right , I had limited the year that's why I was not able to see the first month. your calcul worked perfectly.

Cheers,

Nima