Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

show forecast even if no sales

I have a forecast table with Forecast by Sales Team By Country

Sales Team 1, US, 20000

Sales Team 2, US,3000

Sales Team 1, Can, 5000

Sales Team 2, Can, 2500

The link is based on concatenating the Sales Team value and country in the forecast table and sales table.

Problem

I don't have sales data yet for Sales Team 2 for Canada so it won't show in my pivot table. How do i get the forecast to show regardless of the sales data?

5 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If the forecast table and the sales table are concatenated into the same table then the forecast data should show up without having sales data. Are all the dimensions in the pivot table defined for the forecast date?

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

the tables are not concatenated, they are linked by a concatenated field in both tables

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

there is a forecast for E-Commerce Canada but it is not showing because there are no sales for it. I want it to show regardless of sales

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Concatenate the tables. Try to match as many columns as possible. For example, Forecast Qtr should be matched to the Date field with Q1 being converted to 1/1/2010.

You might be able to do a complex expression or macro, but if you do a little work with the script the chart expression will stay simple.

Regards.