cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

show sum of previous 3 months in month column

I dont know why I cant get this working and think I must be missing something really simple here and having a bad day!

Basically I am plotting a month year dimension in a pivot table column and in each month year showing, I want to show the current month figure as one expression and and the last 3 months cumulative figure as another.

I have tried rangesum but of course, it wont count those months not showing in the chart when a selection is made.

I have also used addmonths in my expression but cant seem to get the correct figure.

Please see attached - I have put a book mark to select the last 3 months.

Sept - 16 is fine as its previous 2 months are still on the chart.

I am against the clock which always seems to make troubleshooting these things even harder!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

RangeSum(Before(Count({<Snapshots.MonthYear>} DISTINCT Snapshots.COVLOOKUP),0,3)) * Avg(1)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

RangeSum(Before(Count({<Snapshots.MonthYear>} DISTINCT Snapshots.COVLOOKUP),0,3)) * Avg(1)

Capture.PNG

tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sunny.

Thanks - this seems to work a treat. I have never used this * Avg(1) before so this is new to me 🙂

In the app - do you know why if I enable the expressions that have no labels on them -  the chart ignores the MonthYear selections?

Tracy

sunny_talwar

Because of this expression

=($(eDeliveredOnTime)) & '/' & $(eCustomerRequirement)

The part in the red is causing issue. You can try like this:

=If($(eDeliveredOnTime) <> 0, ($(eDeliveredOnTime)) & '/' & $(eCustomerRequirement))

Capture.PNG

tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Sunny - I had settled on that if statement as a workaround so nice to see you confirm it!

I really appreciate your swift help in this, You are a star.