Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

$-signed Set analysis expression seems to go beyond selections

I recently solved an issue thanks to Gysbert Wassenaar (see Nested aggregation not allowed issue) but the solution brought me to an other doubt, concerning a set analysis that seems to go beyond selections made on document fields.

To be more precise, I have a Year field and the following formulas in a bar chart.

This one to get 2014 YTD sales...

sum({$< DATA_MOV_MAG.ANNO = {$(=$(vAnnoPiuRecente))} >}

if( inyeartodate(

DATA_MOV_MAG,

makedate($(=$(vAnnoPiuRecente)),num(month('$(vDataBase)')),num(day('$(vDataBase)'))),

0),

VALORE_EURO,

)

)

... and this one to get 2013 LYTD sales

sum({$< DATA_MOV_MAG.ANNO = {$(=$(vAnnoPiuRecente)-1)} >}

if( inyeartodate(

DATA_MOV_MAG,

makedate($(=$(vAnnoPiuRecente)-1),num(month('$(vDataBase)')),num(day('$(vDataBase)'))),

0),

VALORE_EURO,

)

)

What happens is that I still see values returned by the 2013 formula even if the user selects only one value from the Year field.

Immagine.png

How is it possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

With set analysis you take current set {$} and modify it overriding the user selections.

If you want to keep the selections use intersection of these sets (refer to help 'set analysis').

View solution in original post

1 Reply
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

With set analysis you take current set {$} and modify it overriding the user selections.

If you want to keep the selections use intersection of these sets (refer to help 'set analysis').