Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

stacked multi bar graph

Hello All,

I really need your help in this one, the concept is normal case only, but its not working as expected.

To answer this question one needs some background knowledge on my task, that will be provided below.

Background Knowledge on Application:

1. In Simulation many users can be involved but a few (typically 2 to 3) will do actually the Simulation.

2. A Simulation has Phases, A Phase has Actions and these can be performed by users in the process of Simulation.

3. A set of Users will do a Simulation and another set of Users will observe that process.

4. Once the Simulation process is done, the users who are observing the simulation will evaluate the users who did actually.

and at the same time the faculty will also evaluate the users (who did the simulation)

I have implemented a dashboard/graph to represent the complete above scenario, by directly showing graph based on simulation id and user in the beginning. If we select any particular simulation then the graph changes o next level i.e based on users, who did that simulation actually (Here the dimension is user name). Then if we select any user then it will dig down to next level i.e based on the phases (here the dimension is phase), again if we select the phase then it will change, based on the actions (here dimension is the action).

This part id done and attached the screenshot and .qvw file as well.

Now the main task here is, I need to compare student given marks with faculty given marks (both are in different tables, i.e studentscore & facultyscore), in the same graph using stacked multi bar graph at user level, phase level, action level.

Attached the screenshot for reference (please see in the Reference sheet).

May be some of the dimensions or expression are wrong, or I am not sure actually.

I am able to do with only one level, but not in these levels (level by level, like, based on users, based on phases, and based on actions)

I really tried in many ways, but it is not working as expected, could someone of you help me in this one. Thanks in advance.

Can you let me know if you need any further information or please contact me on "narendra.papani@gmail.com"

20 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I think the first thing we should do is clean up the data model.  A traditional Star Schema would be well suited here, and we can concatenate the Score and Score2, and Faculty Score tables.  In order to keep some order, you can create a in each table, something like this that assigns a table name to each record, so you could use a list box to select only Facutly Score records, Score records, or Score2 records.  We can then use that field in Set Analysis in a chart.

My recomendation is to clean up that data model, then repost.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I agree with Nate, the data model/script looks messy. It has many synthetic keys (repeating of field names). Clean the Data Model and why are you using containers for each object?

I do not think it necessary either.

Edit your script and post the qvw again, thanks.

Not applicable
Author

arvind654

Suppose if I remove all repeating field names (from SimulationRole, Phase, Score & FacultyScore tables) then If I select "SimulationID" field for example, the data tables are changing automatically based on selected value. But if I change those column names uniquely, does Qlikview filters the data ?? based on my selection.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Not applicable
Author

No need to concentrate on Score2 table in the script (I forgot to remove it).

But for my knowledge the data model is not messy actually, I am not getting which portion of the data model do I need to clean up. Could you please elaborate that one ?

Could you also tell me how does it will help me complete my task.

If am not clear in the original question, here is the link for the document which I need to implement:

slack-files.com/T02FXUAB9-F2ZFGQZME-4ec1868ba8

Not applicable
Author

arvind654

If am not clear in the original question, here is the link for the document which I need to implement:

slack-files.com/T02FXUAB9-F2ZFGQZME-4ec1868ba8

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can you please also upload the sample data?

Can't really with with your data model, it has way too many synthetic keys.

Also the document which you provided has Student Score & Faculty Score as expressions for 1st chart and I do not see those expressions but only Total Score, Phase Score & Action Score.

It is achievable but requirements are not clear/data model.

Provide all the expressions you want to use

And also the dimensions you want & for which chart? There are 2 charts and I assume it is for 1st chart.

Not applicable
Author

I will upload all the required docs and sample data by evening.

Thank you.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Sorry for the trouble...& thanks.

Not applicable
Author

arvind654

Hello

Please find the attached docs (which you asked earlier).

Sorry for the delay, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Narendra