Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benhumphrey
Contributor
Contributor

sum a field based on the max value of another field

Hi all,

I am trying to sum the Quantity Received based on the maximum price of the Component. Below is a table to try and demonstrate what I mean.

Component         Price        Qty

Product A            2.4            500

Product A            2.1            400

Product B            1.8            1000

So my dimension is component. And I have an expression to calculate the max price but I need to know how to then calculate the sum of the Qty bought in at the max price.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Try this

=FirstSortedValue(Distinct Aggr(Max(Qty),Component),-Aggr(Max(Cost),Component))

View solution in original post

31 Replies
Not applicable

You can use set analysis:

sum({<Price = {$(=max(Price))}>} Qty)

benhumphrey
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried using your set analysis expression but it returns 0.

Not applicable

You need to match the fields exactly( Price = Your Price Field, Qty = Your Quantity Field). Not sure if this is the problem though. Can you post your qvw?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

May be

=FirstSortedValue(Qty,-Price)

venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III

sum({<Price = {"$(=max(Price))"}>} Qty)

Not applicable

Do you mean you want to find the max price and then multiply that against the quantity purchased at that price?  If I am understanding correctly you'll want to use =sum({<Price = {$(=max(Price))}>} Qty * Price) as the expression.

benhumphrey
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I changed it to match the fields names I am using. Unfortunately I can't post the qvw as it contains sensitive info. Sorry not to be much help

Not applicable

Are there multiple components sold at the max price or just one component?

benhumphrey
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ideally yes I would but I need to display the Qty purchased at the highest price as well. Which is where I'm having trouble with the expression.