Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benhumphrey
Contributor
Contributor

sum a field based on the max value of another field

Hi all,

I am trying to sum the Quantity Received based on the maximum price of the Component. Below is a table to try and demonstrate what I mean.

Component         Price        Qty

Product A            2.4            500

Product A            2.1            400

Product B            1.8            1000

So my dimension is component. And I have an expression to calculate the max price but I need to know how to then calculate the sum of the Qty bought in at the max price.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance

31 Replies
Not applicable

See the attached qvw, I feel like this is similar to what you are doing.

benhumphrey
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Multiple components could have the same maximum price yes

benhumphrey
Contributor
Contributor
Author

That is exactly what i would like. On a plus note the set analysis does work as i want it to if that component is selected, but the expression returns 0 when no component is selected and is just showing a default straight table, but i would like it to return the value even when the component is not selected.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

=FirstSortedValue(Distinct Aggr(Max(Qty),Component),-Price)

benhumphrey
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

This returns some figures and doesnt against some others. The qty is wrong and for some reason when placed in a straight table with a normal sum(Qty) doubles or even triples this number

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you provide some sample data alongwith your required result?

Not applicable

Could you provide some context? Where are you looking to use this expression and why?

benhumphrey
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Okay. The way the data tables currently are is as follows;

Bill of materials - Contains Fields - Parent, Component and Lvl.

Purchase Orders - Contains Fields - Qty, Cost and Component

The purchase orders links through on Component to the Bill of materials as this is what we buy in. The Parent is purely used as a dimension to find all of the components associated with it so we can look at prices per product. The straight table will look like this.

Parent Code    Level      Component      Qty Recieved    Highest Price     Highest Qty

Parent A               1         CompA                   500                    2.5                         ?

Parent A               2         CompB                   400                    2.7                         ?

Parent A               2         CompC                   100                    1.1                         ?

Parent A               3         CompD                   900                    0.8                         ?

And so on for all the components that make up the Parent. What i want to do is identify what qty of each component did we buy in at the highest price versus the qty we bought in at the lowest price.

I hope this helps some more.

Not applicable

So in your example Highest Quantity should be 400?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Provide data please...!