Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

summarize by one dimension in two dimension table

Hi,

I have two tables in my data model, one contains purchases from suppliers and contains sales offers to clients. My client buys products from suppliers and those products are then offered to clients. Between these two tables, only thing in common is the product number. So I cannot link purchases to sales offers and therefore tables are concatenated instead of joining them.

Now, I need to a report which has purchases and per supplier and product and sales offer success ratio per product. So my table looks something like this:

Common fieldOnly in purchasesOnly in purchasesOnly in purchasesOnly in sales offers
ProductSupplierAmountQtyHit Ratio
Product 1Supplier A10010
Product 1 0010 %
Product 2Supplier A20020
Product 2 0020 %
Product 3Supplier A30030
Product 3 0030 %

Now I'd like to get that Hit Ratio on same row as Amount and Qty. Problem is that Sales Offers is not present in Sales offers table and therefore I get two rows. I tried using Aggr function (=aggr(sum([Hit Ratio], Product) but that seemed to work only when I had Product selected.

Is there a way of getting that Hit Ratio on same row in chart?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

If(AmountExpression > 0, Sum(TOTAL <ProductDimension> [Hit Ratio]))

View solution in original post

6 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Pekka,

are you able to upload an example QVW which illustrates the issue?

Andy

sunny_talwar

Try this:

If(AmountExpression > 0, Sum(TOTAL <ProductDimension> [Hit Ratio]))

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I'd rather not upload the .qvw since the data is my clients and I'm under quite strict NDA.

However, I think I got it working by applying AGGR function to Amount and Qty as well:

Amount: AGGR(Sum(Amount), Product, Supplier)

Qty: AGGR(Sum(Qty), Product, Supplier)

Hit Ratio: AGGR(sum(Missed)/sum(Offered), Product)

Solution provided by Sunny might work as well but I haven't tried it yet.

sunny_talwar

You should atleast give it a shot because Aggr can lower the performance. But I will leave for you to decide if you want to give it a shot or not.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

I will give it a try I'll let you know if it worked!

Not applicable
Author

This solution is way better in terms of performance and simplicity than the one I proposed myself!