Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

the file contains inconsistencies and cannot be opened with personal edition

Hi,

Hi, I have a problem, I downloaded Qlikview desktop a week ago, I was following a qlikview book, make some sample apps, but today when I tried to open any of my files I receive the error: "the file contains inconsistencies and cannot be opened with personal edition" what should I do? when I load my data, I selected relative paths, but the project file and the data files were not moved.

is there any solution?

thanks!

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Just for comment, this problem is happening when using the book tutorial data files qvds

I just create a blank project, load a qvd data file, the importing works perfect, just added a couple of listbox and a graph, after that I save and tried to open the file, and get the error: "the file contains inconsistencies and cannot be opened with personal edition"

Seems to appear only with the tutorial data files, is there any solution to this?

thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can try to recover the files as following:

On Qlikview start page, select left menu: "Recent open files"

Right clik on your app file and select "Open without Data"

Once done, try to reload your data.

Be sure also your PC is clean and has enough memory to work with your documents.

Best

Maurice

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Maurice, but Im receiving the same error, what do you think is causing this? I have 8gb of ram, the app is very small, 50mb

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Strange, normally Personal edition is not able to open documents created by other people that's part of the licence.

But for training purpose Qlik staff have the possibility to setup their document as openable by anyone including free personal edition...so maybe this process is not always stable.

Not applicable
Author

the tutorial files are only data files not qlikview projects, could be that a problem with license?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are you putting (qvd) type in the end of the load command script?

LOAD

field1,

field2

FROM $(vPath)\yourqvd.qvd(qvd);

Not applicable
Author

I have some additional information, The number of rows is making qlikview fail, this time, I try to load the file from a csv, new project, I loaded the table sucessfully, put a listbox and a graph, all working fine, then I save the document, and close qlikview, after I open the document again the same error: "the file contains inconsistencies and cannot be opened with personal edition" the table has 1.200.000 rows

But if I load the table only with 400.000 rows, it works perfect, can save and open without problems

this way works:

FROM

(txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is ';', msq)

WHERE([%Airline ID] < '20100');

My operating system is windows 7 pro 64 bits, 8gb of ram

any clues?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For me this seems to be an out of memory computer issues !

Three points to double check:

* Are you sure your memory is not already used by some other local services and applications

* With 1.200.000 rows the necessary memory will depends also on the number of columns.

* Are you using virtualisation environment on the machine that may monopolized your ram

Best,

Maurice

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help!

No, my computer is not running virtualization, the ram is 8gb, the available ram is 6gb, as soon as I try to open the document the error shows up, I restarted many times and reinstalled but no luck.

The samples from qlikview run fine, I filter some records from the tutorial fact table, now it has 400.000 rows, and seems to work fine, Im replicating again all the exercises and It worked.

Just for information, the projects before had 54 mb, I have no problem if I load the 1.2 million dataset and work with it, adding graphs, tables, pivots, etc, but as soon I save, close and try to re open the document I get the error.