Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

two fields in two diagramms on one page

hey there,

it is very easy to get a diagram with one field...

i tried to combine two fields with a "&" but the solution is that both fields are in one diagram... but i want to have two fields in two diagram on one page. - i it possible?

Because i want to compare two different fields.

Can somebody help me? thanks a lot!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Why don't you try what I suggested above:

=Subfield( Concat(DISTINCT FieldName,'|'),'|',1)

resp.

=Subfield( Concat(DISTINCT FieldName,'|'),'|',2)

View solution in original post

18 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sure, you can create two diagrams, each filtered by the appropriate field's value. Or maybe use a trellis chart (on dimension tab).

Two help you more, please post more details about your two fields, best by posting a small sample QVW.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi RG,

of course you can!

Andy

Not applicable
Author

okay, its a little bit more difficult.

In my project are many fields, and i have one diagram. You can select the different fields in a listbox. But you can only take one field, that is presented in the diagram. the diagram has two dimensions (the time as first and one field by selection in a listbox as second).

Now my question: is it possible when i select two fields, that it show me two diagram.

Unbenannt3.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Would be easier to help if you could post a small sample QVW.

In general, you can use GetSelectedCount( FieldName ) to check if you have more than one value selected.

If so, you can enable a second chart using the show condition on layout tab of the chart.

=GetSelectedCount( FieldName ) = 2

Not applicable
Author

thanks for your answer.

this should be a solution. i thought to do it on a similar way... but i dont know how. i am very new to this program.

1.) and there is a problem: when i select two fields, how can i set the different fields to the diagrams? i can click on both, but how can i differ between of both selections?
2.) I think to do it with a multibox. But when only one diagram is activated, there is a big empty place... is there any way to change the columne and row of a multibox depend on the GetSelectedCount( FieldName ) ?!?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can address the two selected values like

=Subfield( Concat(DISTINCT FieldName,'|'),'|',1)

resp.

=Subfield( Concat(DISTINCT FieldName,'|'),'|',2)

Not applicable
Author

hey,

thank you. but i dont understand what your code is doing and where i have to put it.

maybe you can help me with this:

1.) i am using getfieldselections(Fieldname) and i want with set analyses only the field with "up" inside... i dont know the syntax. i tried, but it's always wrong...

btw: getfieldselections(Fieldname) returns "text up" and "text down"

i tried something like this:
{$<fieldname={"*up"}>}getfieldselections(fieldname)

2.) i not want to change the multibox! i want to change the container rows or/and column by selecting one or two fields. is it possible?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Please post a small sample QVW, this makes it much easier to help you.

Not applicable
Author

it doesnt work with =Subfield( Concat(DISTINCT FieldName,'|'),'|',1) - there is a "dynamic error" ( i put it into the dynamic dimension...)

okay, i try to make a little qvw file. but it would be next week...

thanks you...