Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

urgent ?I WANT LOAD 22 FIELDS TO STRIGHT TABLE PLS TELL ME SHORTCUT BECAUSE IT IS TALKING MUCH TIME PLS

I WANT LOAD 22 FIELDS TO STRIGHT TABLE  PLS  TELL ME SHORTCUT  BECAUSE IT IS TALKING MUCH TIME  PLS 

thanks in advance

7 Replies
its_anandrjs

You can create Group or Drill Down group for that and use this group in the straight table. But at a time you can visualize only on dimension.

its_anandrjs

Or in expression use SET analysis expression which will perform much faster.

Not applicable
Author

i want generate report with that fields based on my selections yar  ... pls help me

Not applicable
Author

how to write set analysis expression for that

its_anandrjs

Ok  I suggest go for adhoc reports from that you can add many fields and customize your report and take the excel report output also. You can find the adhoc reports in the sample if you use QV version 11.20 you have a sample file like Whats New in Qlikview11.qvw. And refer the Reports sheet for this.

SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples

you can try this

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Adding 22 dimensions to a straight table sounds like a very bad idea. QlikView must then evaluate all combinations of all distinct values, which will be a huge number and of course will take time. As a rule of thumb, you should avoid charts with more than 4 dimensions - and even that may sometimes be too many.

What you could do, is to use a field with a very fine grain as dimension, i.e. a field that has many distinct values and that "determines" the value of other fields. One example could be OrderLineID. Then you add the other fields as expressions: Only(Product), Only(Customer), etc. This way you could have many columns in a straight table, and still have it fast.

But 22 columns is still not meaningful - The user will not have any overview and will not learn anything from data. So, I think you should reconsider and put the 22 fields in different objects, probably even on different sheets.

HIC