Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

weather level of sunshine and expression versus variable ?

Hello

i do have weather data storing "sunshine" in minutes, minimum is 0 and max is 60. i have this information for several years, hour by hour.

My idea is to link this to an activity list and to see what are the correlations between sun and type of activity. Museum, cruise, etc...

For this i was thinking having 3 Level of sun from :

1-20 minutes LOW sunshine

21-40 minutes MEDIUM sunshine

41-60 minutes HIGH level

what would the best way to create those 3 buttons and what would you use in your "expression". do we consider those as variables ?

thanks

JP

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would use an if statement in your load script to create a new field, maybe something like this :

if ( [Sunshine Minutes] > 40 , dual ( 'High' , 3 ) ,

if ( [Sunshine Minutes] > 20 , dual ( 'Medium' , 2 ) , dual ( 'Low' 1 ) )     as [Sunshine Level] ,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would use an if statement in your load script to create a new field, maybe something like this :

if ( [Sunshine Minutes] > 40 , dual ( 'High' , 3 ) ,

if ( [Sunshine Minutes] > 20 , dual ( 'Medium' , 2 ) , dual ( 'Low' 1 ) )     as [Sunshine Level] ,

Not applicable
Author

Great point thanks Bill. i will try this action to split the datas in 3 groups.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi JP,

What is the best source for getting US weather data into qlikview or qliksense apps. Can you please guide me thanks for your help. I am looking for historical , future and wind speed data as well.