Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is maximum size QVD can store?

Dear All

what is maximum size QVD can store ?

kindly share you valuable answer.

Thanks in advance

SirajAhamed S

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not aware of any Qlik limit to QVD size, but in order to be able to store it all the data needs to have been loaded into RAM and if you don't have enough RAM that is a limit one can easily reach with large datasets.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lawrance
Creator II
Creator II

Siraj,

I think RAM size doesn't define the QVD size limit it's only affects speed of execution.

Thanks,

Lawrance A

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not aware of any Qlik limit to QVD size, but in order to be able to store it all the data needs to have been loaded into RAM and if you don't have enough RAM that is a limit one can easily reach with large datasets.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Correct - RAM size does not define any QVD size limit per se.

But for a QVD to be created all the data one wishes to store in it has to held in RAM via the load script.  People do on occasion run out of RAM to store the data and thus this in practice becomes the limiting factor size wise to creating a QVD.

There is though a limitation on the number of unique values that can be held in a single field, a touch over a billion I think but that may have increased as new versions of Qlik are released.  But that is a limit within the QIX Engine's Symbol Tables / Bit Mapped Pointers and not QVD Files.