Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what is the best way to load data from two tables to see drill with fields from both the tables?

Hi Everyone,

I am combining two tables on a common field name without using any join functions, but the common field which project number contains different records in individual tables, to create charts I need fields from both the tables.

So when the default join occured on the common field I do not see any data or the drill group I have created in my chart

what is the best way to get data from the tables to see drill with fields from both the tables?

Appreciate your help on this

Thanks

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anusha,

I think you are new to Qlikview.

According to you, the two tables having different records in both tables.

Here you can go for join the two tables (or) you can create a concatenated key to identify the identical records in both tables.

If you are not clear, send some sample data here.

Regards,

Nuthan Kumar

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Anusha

best way is first you go for scripting syntax and all of Qlikview

Here is the sample have look at this and view the table viewer for its Data diagram

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nuthan,

Thank you

Please find the attached

Appreciate your help

Not applicable
Author

I figured it out

thank you

Not applicable
Author

Anusha,

I cant able to figure out what you are asking.

How the excel and qvd are connected with each other?

You are telling that there is no concatenation, join or association between two tables.

Can you post me the structure of two tables with some sample data?

Regards,

NuthanKumar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nuthan,

I had it figured out, I joined them based on common field rather than a concatenation and the data source was incorrect so was confused.

Greatly appreciate your time on helping me.

Thanks