Did you mean: 
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

wild card characters * and ? in qlik sense

Hi ,

I need to implement the below logic:

Count of distinct FILE_ID where

DOCUMENT_LATEST_STATUS = UNDELIVERED or DOCUMENT_ERROR_STEP  Like "%SEND%") and DOCUMENT_LATEST_STATUS = ERROR

So how can I use * and ? here in set analysis? Please advise and also if I have to use "%SEND" or "SEND%", the what should I have to use?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You use wildcards when part of the information is given as a string, but that value can have preceding or subsequent characters, respectively.

You can use it in set analysis to make sure that within the chart, not all values available in your model are selected, but only those for which exist associated value containing SEND either at the beginning or at the end of the string.

To be able to search in set analysis, the syntax is always

{< Field = {"*string_to_search*"} >}

Wildcards accepted are "*" or "?" along with "^" to search at the beginning of the field value.

More details: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Text_search_and_numeric_...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

{< DOCUMENT_ERROR_STEP = {"*SEND*"} >}

Double quotes and star to search for the string SEND (case sensitive) within the values of the field DOCUMENT_ERROR_STEP

ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Please advise and also if I have to use "%SEND" or "SEND%", the what should I have to use?

Thanks,

Sandip

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

"*SEND" or "SEND*", respectively

ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Then when we should use? sign in set analysis? this answer will increase my knowledge.

poojashribanger
Creator II
Creator II

Count({<DOCUMENT_LATEST_STATUS = {"UNDELIVERED"}>+

<DOCUMENT_ERROR_STEP={"*SEND","SEND*"}>}distinct FILE_ID)

this is how you write OR condition in Set analysis

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You use wildcards when part of the information is given as a string, but that value can have preceding or subsequent characters, respectively.

You can use it in set analysis to make sure that within the chart, not all values available in your model are selected, but only those for which exist associated value containing SEND either at the beginning or at the end of the string.

To be able to search in set analysis, the syntax is always

{< Field = {"*string_to_search*"} >}

Wildcards accepted are "*" or "?" along with "^" to search at the beginning of the field value.

More details: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Text_search_and_numeric_...